NCFA Show Rules
- If you arrive before 9:30 a.m. there is no parking fee at the Fair.
- Cats must be healthy and free of disease!!
- Cats must not be carrying parasites and/or fungus!!
- NCFA shows are non-vetted. Vaccinations and shots must be
kept current. (We will not be responsible for your negligence)
- Cages measure:
- Front to back: 20 1/2 inches
- Side to side: 45 inches
- Height: 21 1/2 inches.
- Ribbons for best decorated cages. See sample
- NCFA recognizes three classes in faces. Several divisions carry these classes and they complete on their own merit.
- Snub: flat and somewhat sunken.
- Sweet: a slightly longer face with a distinct break/crease in the nose.
- Doll: still a short face, but no break in the nose — a gently ski slope
- Genetic Defects will be evaluated as slight, moderate, and/or severe.
Cats may be declawed. This will not stop them from entering in Championship
class as NCFA does not feel this alters the appearance of the cat. Neutering
or spaying will put your cat in Premiership Classes as this surgery does alter
your cats demeanor and appearance.
- Show cages must be covered. You may make cage-curtains or use an attractive
blanket or sheet. A bottom covering is also recommended. Bring dry food, dishes,
water (in a pop bottle) from home, litter pan & litter, toys, pillows/baskets/beds
for your fuzzball. Shows last for 2 days and get pretty boring for kitty.
- Entry fees are non-refundable. Late entrants may
bring fees to the show site, and hopefully there will still be spaces available.
- Campsites and motels/hotels are usually located near the show sites if you wish to spend the weekend.
- Kittens and/or cats may be sold or traded at the show sites, but cash sales
are not recommended. Checks or money orders are the choice for safety purposes.
- NCFA members are to carry themselves in a manner acceptable to the majority
of the membership. Your conduct and appearance will be viewed by all who pass
through the show area, but you are encouraged to enjoy! Remember, we are the "jeans & T-shirt" set
of the cat-realm. Be comfortable. Answer all questions as completely and as
honestly as you can. If you do not know the answers, help find someone who
knows. We are an organization of caring. We are having fun, and fun to be with.
- Young adults, 7 and up, are encouraged to become active participants.
- One of our goals is to see this be a "family oriented" hobby as opposed to being a "well-to-do" person's outing!
- NCFA is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property.
- Most importantly, all cats are winners in NCFA. There are no "losers."
- A show is
- a gathering of we cat-lovers.
- a place to exchange ideas and to learn new things.
- a place to share a fun experience.
- a place to introduce a potential customer to a potential pet.
- But don't misunderstand.... those ribbons are pretty impressive too....