NCFA History, Objectives and Executive Board
The National Cat Fanciers' Association began in Howell, Michigan, in the year 1954. In 1961, it was registered as a non-profit Corporation. In 1981, the corporation did not renew it's status and in 1990, NCFA dissolved. August 1st, 1991, DBA papers were filed in Saginaw Country by myself (Linda Sherman), and NCFA was, once again. Corporation papers have been received and filing them is pending. The NCFA is alive and well....
On a personal note, NCFA originally began with the efforts of a single lady in the basement of her home. The registration of the Himalayan as a separate entity as opposed to being a Persian was the mission of NCFA. Frances was a pioneer in establishing the Himalayan on it's own merits.
As the NCFA grew, all the work was done by hand, alone with no computer to help. There were few shows, mainly a registry. People wanted more, and it got to be too much for an aging Grandmother. The doors to NCFA were closed.
After six months of trying to restart the NCFA, papers were filed in Saginaw County. The existence of the Registry spread like wildfire, and once again we are gaining in popularity because we have a heart. We know our members on a personal level and while we do have a computer (for information storage and retrieval), we take the time for people and their new "heartmates."
We have upgraded the quality of our paperwork, added style and class to what our consumer receives; and we like to think we have added a touch of personal caring and attention to each cat we register. We too have cats, and we know they are not just a commodity, but rather, a member of the family.
Since our rise from the ashes, we have registered thousands of cats. We have welcomed the new Siberians, many Bengals, Persians, Himalayans, Egyptian Mau's, Siamese (appleheads), and others. NCFA will not be allowed to fade away again. This time we are having shows, setting new standards, and are out to capture the hearts and attention of catlovers around the world. We don't want to be the biggest or the best; we want to be the Registry that recognizes the needs as well as the joys of the cat and its owner.Objectives
- To further the enhancement of the natural beauty of the purebred cat while retaining it's loveable personality.
- To increase the awareness and appreciation of the purebred cat.
- To educate the public in the humane and intelligent breeding and humane treatment of the cat, and to create a greater interest of the general public thru shows / demonstrations / exibitions.
- To provide helpful answers to questions from potential pet owners and breeders.
- To help shows be an educational, as well as, entertaining event for the whole family.
- To motivate our youth to have an involvement in the preservation of the good sportsmanship, while striving to attain our objectives.
- To protect and validate the integrity of the breed and the purity of their lines.
- Article I
- Identification - The organization shall be known as The National Cat Fanciers Association.
- Article II
- Membership - People in good standing with NCFA, and adhearing to the objectives of such. Upon registration of the cat, membership is hereby established. NCFA reserves the right to revoke the membership and certification of the owner/pedigree when NCFA objectives and By-Laws have been compromised.
- Article III
- Executive Board - The NCFA shall be governed by an Executive Board consisting of Breeders, interested parties and/or members. Applications to the Executive Board may be requested from NCFA. Meetings are scheduled as needed. Board members may be replaced at the option of the Board if they are unable to fulfill their duties. Quorum required for all voting.
- NCFA Judge & Show Director
- •Beverly Woog, Vogue Manor Cattery
- NCFA Judge & Show Tent Manager
- •Michael & Connie Brown, Cutnup Cattery
- NCFA Judge & Set-up
- •David & Joyce Campbell, Dragon's Lair Cattery
- NCFA Judge, Set-up & Name Tags
- •Lonnie & Marci Latchaw, Marchaw Cattery
- NCFA Judge & Photographer
- •, Greentree Paws Cattery
- NCFA Judge
- •Paul Lee
- NCFA Show Set-up
- •Danny, Margaret & Jessie Fuson, Kodiak / Gram's Kodiak Cattery
- NCFA Show Tent Check-in & Registration
- •Mindy Looper, Angelbabies Cattery